Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WHEY- I hope it goes AWAY!

I didn't realize we had another appointment so soon, but I scheduled them so far ahead of time that it popped up on me. Good news, the "calcium" mix has "cleared". Bad news, Jackson really hasn't been feeling very well lately and his behavior has seemed off a bit. Our practitioner said these reactions can happen from NAET and I am wondering if it really is related. Today she treated him for the whey protein, which I suspect is something he is very allergic to. He had anaphylatic shock after eating some snacks with raw whey in them. She tested him for it again, and said he was 70% cleared of it already from the calcium mix, so she treated him to get rid of the other 30%. Hmmm...she also said he may have some reactions since we feel he's very allergic to whey. He did get a mild rash on his forehead this evening and some little rashes on his common itchy spots. I did the pressure point treatments and a back massage she had taught me, and he seemed better when he went to bed. I am so interested to see how he is tomorrow. I would love him to be able to eat some milk products soon......

Okay, so I say that but it scares me. I told her I hadn't given him eggs or any dairy and she encouraged me to give him a small amount because his body needs to absorb those nutrients. She's been doing this for 8 years and probably has given that advice before.....I'm terrified.....I've read the testimonials online about NAET working, but tonight I feel skeptical. I know it could take months to finish this process and then get retested at the allergist. I don't want the treatment to be hindered if he is really "cleared"....Questions, questions......So tonight I layed in bed with him as he fell asleep and prayed over him. I prayed that God would heal him and if he is using NAET to do so then to make that clear to me. I've always prayed for his healing. I think I've been forgetting to do so because we are doing NAET and up to this point I have been optimistic. I will pray more and worry less.

We are going to start spacing out the visits a little more as it's expensive and I want to give his body a little rest if this is affecting it. We will go back to see if the allergens clear in between appointments (which she doesn't charge for). So I'm back on the inter net tonight researching and I will re-read the book I bought on NAET. I still feel peace when I am there, Jackson is so happy at her office, and it's given us a little hope.

I'll post tomorrow about how he's feeling and behaving.....I'm curious. Pray.

3 comments:

  1. My son would act out and be really nasty after treatments. So it is very common. I don't know how I feel about giving him the foods he was cleared for. We never did give him any of the foods he was allergic to until after testing. But it is up to you. It is just so scary that everytime we eat I used to stare at him and watch if he got a reaction. He is a lot better now! And I haven't done that in a long time. God luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele, he has been a different kid lately and it's been hard. He did get really rashy too the last few days...Part of me is glad because maybe it is working, but I think we are going to spread things out a little more to give his body some rest!! :) Yes, I am not planning on giving him any foods until he is tested. Which foods did your son stop being allergic to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took a really long time with NAET and we are working with an alternative allergist here as well. I don't remember exact foods, but his excema went away and a lot of food sensitivities went away. I will try and remember more, but I definitely remember the mood thing.

    ReplyDelete