Thursday, June 4, 2009

Say Cheese....?

Say Cheeeese?!?

The days following the treatments for the whey protein were tough. Jackson was super rashy, itchy, irritable, and tired. He had rashes in all the places he had them as a baby, including his little earlobes. It was sad to see him so itchy and miserable, but interesting that "something" was happening. After about two days everything subsided and he was cleared up and back to his old self. I have had other parents who have done NAET with their kids tell me that behavior changes are common, and reactions as well. My husband and I have definitely noticed Jackson's behavior changes, thus the decision, like I mentioned in my last post to slow down on the treatments.

At yesterday's appointment Dr. Kathleen checked him again for the whey and said he was 85% cleared. She then did a treatment for whey (again), a milk mix, and a cheese mix. She said his reactions seemed to line up with how sensitive he has been to milk products. Hopefully after the treatment yesterday, he'll be 100% clear.

So far today he doesn't show any signs of rashes and he was his happy, bubbly self this morning. He was tired after the treatment, which he usually is, but other than that he has had much less of a reaction. Dr. Kathleen didn't expect much reaction since his body was almost clear of it all. Right.

He has been asking for cheese, which is strange because of his extreme picky eating and the lack of cheese in his little life.....does his body know something we don't? To be completely honest we did let him try a little bite of his sister's string cheese for a few days and did not see any concerning reaction. My husband and I decided together that we should maybe try giving him a little since Dr. Kathleen had said to start giving him some of the foods he has "cleared" for. He did okay, but that is all we will try for now. I am going to wait again until he's 100% cleared. I know I said I wouldn't give him any foods until we were medically cleared.....so please, don't judge me......we made the decision and I am not going to say much more than that. I also talked to his pediatrician about it yesterday and she was hopeful as well. I will draw the line and promise to never give him peanuts without knowing first that he is medically cleared.

We are going to go in for a quick muscle response check this weekend, but we aren't doing any treatments until the following week. I am so interested to see how things go without any treatments.

3 comments:

  1. i am getting real hopeful here after reading u'r son's improvement
    I also have made pre consulation appointments with two NAET practioners here
    Thanks again for writing such wonderful blogs

    Anjana

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanted to ask one more thing..how sensitive was Jackson to milk? I mean do you remember his score for milk allergy on RAST test?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anjana,
    Glad to hear you are starting the process in finding the right practioner. Please let me know how it's going! Jackson's RAST scores were high levels for all of the milk proteins at 6 months old. At 2 years old they were even higher. He had an anaphylatic episode to raw whey powder on a snack from Whole Foods. He would get rashy and watery eyes from yougurt. He drank Nutramigen formula until he was 2. He has been drinking OJ for calcium as well. He had some cheese yesterday with NO reaction at all...wow, we'll see! I have to go back in to see if he's now 100% clear according to NAET. I am hopeful, but still a little unsure how "clear" he is! Praying!

    ReplyDelete