Wednesday, June 17, 2009

NAET appointment for Vitamin C

Phew...well it's been awhile since I've posted and partly that is because we've been busy celebrating Jackson's 3rd birthday!!! (and his birthday isn't until the 19th)....but hey it's his birthday week right? I didn't give him regular cupcakes or a birthday cake...I made a great recipe called "Crazy Cake" into cupcakes. The recipe does not have any eggs or milk in it. I just didn't want to have any surprising reactions at his birthday party. I told Dr. Kathleen that today at our appointment and she said she thinks I could have done the regular cupcakes, but understands my fears. She's a mom too!
We have spread out our NAET appointments due to finances and also because I wanted to see if his behavior, reactions, ect. would change. THEY DID! I got my sweet, funny, happy, energetic, loving, polite and crazy boy back for two weeks!!! Needless to say, I think the NAET treatments do take a lot of energy out of him and he along with a lot of other "NAET kids" I have heard about is having some reaction behavior wise to the treatments. Last appointment we treated him again for whey and a cheese mix and milk mix. He didn't have any physical rashes or any fever from that treatment and his behavior was not too bad and became better over a short period of time.

Today we tested to see if all that had cleared and it was good news. Our practitioner said that he is now clear for milk, calcium, cheese mix, milk mix, eggs and whey. It's really hard to believe, except for the fact that we have been giving him string cheese everyday and he has had no reaction to it. No rashes, no tummy aches, no strange stools (sorry).....we started with one bite a day for a week and then gradually moved up to more. Sometimes he has two pieces in one day now and he loves it. Dr. Kathleen really wants us to give him some eggs slowly like we did with the cheese, I just don't know if my picky boy will eat an egg. He has had things with eggs baked into them.....we'll have to think, pray and decide about this. We go for his 3 year old pediatrician's appointment next week and I am excited to share the news with our doctor. She's been supportive about NAET. We have not seen our allergist since November and I am not planning on making an appointment anytime soon.

Today she treated him for Vitamin C. Now you should know that my boy lives on orange juice, but he is not allergic to Vitamin C. He tested positive with the NAET muscle testing and the practitioner said it might just be that he is sensitive to it and his body may need help absorbing it. So, it will be interesting to see if we notice anything different the next two weeks until we go again. He didn't get a fever or any reactions today....so we'll see how he is tomorrow.

It's been really great to have "met" some of you who read this blog through your emails and your own stories as well. I have even made a "NAET buddy" who after reading this blog started NAET for her son and it's going really well. I am praying for all of you as I know how it is to be a mom of a child with the mystery of allergies. I hope this continues to be a blessing for Jackson and everyone else who is sharing on his journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment