Wednesday, May 13, 2009

2nd NAET Visit-Eggs

Today we had our second NAET visit and it went very well. Jackson was excited to go this morning and he thought we were going to the doctor to "fix mommy's arm again"....(because last time when she was testing for his allergies she used the resistance of my arm to test his energy). He was happy to be there and waited patiently in the waiting area and said, "We wait here and then they call my name." The poor boy is used to doctor's visits, can you tell?



I felt really good about being there today and I really am praying that God will give me peace in situations that are important, especially when dealing with Jackson and Presley. I am realizing that the last few allergists visits I didn't have peace or clarity.....I always leave feeling more confused. Anyway, today at the NAET appointment I had a lot of peace and I was excited to see if we had cleared the first test from last time which was the Body, Brain, Function. I told our practitioner, Miss Kathleen, that we had noticed some good changes in his speech and language comprehension and that I felt like some connections were being made in his little brain that were not a few weeks ago. She said this was a common occurrence after clearing the BBF and that speech is often the first thing parents notice. She tested my arm resistance and he was clear! Hooray! The BBF is also related to ADHD, Autism, and other similar issues. Maybe we avoided ADHD in the future....that would be great since it does run in our family on both sides.



We also talked about Western medicine a little bit and how frustrating it can be at times. (I've been dealing with H.Pylori for months with little relief)....She said she is not against Western medicine...her own father is a doctor....and I agree with her that there are other options. I am still thinking about God's creation of our intricate bodies and how we have probably been mislead by taking antibiotics and other medicines when we could use other methods to heal. God created so many amazing ways that nature takes care of itself to regenerate, replenish and restore...what about our bodies?



Today we were working on clearing his egg allergy. I stocked up on his favorite Whole Foods snacks since I thought he would not be able to have chicken (his life source) for 25 hours. Miss Kathleen informed me that since she would be using the laser/computer technique today that it wasn't as important to avoid chicken.....okay?....this is all so new to me, but I just go with it. I am trying to be as optimistic and positive about this as I can. If she says so, I'll trust her. Kathleen did some work on the computer and then Jackson very eagerly sat on his stool while she did the acupressure points with the very fun red laser pointer. He liked it and giggled...he closed his eyes, breathed like a puppy, held his breath..he was really cute...he loves new experiences and can make anything seem really fun and exciting. The pointer was hooked up to the computer and another apparatus that produced the "correct energy for egg allergy." I know...I know...I know....this seems like a scene from the future. Computers healing our medical needs? Robots doing surgery....um , yep, it's happening folks. It's hard to believe, but at this point, I'll believe if it means we will have some good results. It's all above my head, and that's okay...there is enough going on in my mind these days!



Kathleen also showed me some pressure points and a little back massage to use on Jackson if he shows any negative reactions (which she said would NOT be at all life threatening) and during times when his energy seems off ......I asked her if these techniques can help with tantrums and other toddler behaviors that rule my world these days. She said, definitely. SUPER! My lucky kids will be massaged and acupressured all day long! My husband was very interested in the chart I brought home that showed some pressure points to help out with this. We'll see how it goes! (she said it would work on husbands too......hee, hee)



We go back on the 23rd to see if the egg allergy cleared (don't worry, I won't be serving up Omelette's for lunch) and to work on clearing his calcium allergy or sensitivity. I don't think he's allergic to calcium (the boy lives on orange juice) but his body did test positive to it, so she said it might be that his body is not absorbing it properly or it may give him some sort of reaction that we don't exactly contribute to it. He's so allergic to milk, I could see how this is probably related.

You may be thinking, "So what if the egg allergy is cleared? How will you know? Will you give him eggs?".....She will test him to see if it's cleared and if the answer is yes, we will be very GLAD and we will wait to give him any eggs or egg products until we see the allergist and re-test for all of his allergies. I will talk to her more about what others have done in her practice, but I will not be putting him at risk. I am looking at this with a holistic approach...we'll treat him for all the allergens and then test him again at the allergist.



Well, that was our experience today and I am realizing that this whole journey is going to be a long one. But hey, we did child development therapy and OT for a year, now we're moving on to this journey for my sweet little Jackson. Now back to more important things...like riding bikes, and swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment