Saturday, May 23, 2009

Third NAET appointment-Calcium Mix and more

Today was our third NAET appointment. It was early, so I was sleepy, but Jackson was again excited to be there and he knew exactly what to do and what would happen. He really likes our practitioner and of course he uses all his charms to win her over every time. She evaluated him to see if the egg allergen from last week had cleared, and it did! So, according to NAET, he would no longer have an egg allergy, and according to mommy, we'll have to wait and see when he gets retested. I am optimistic and I have not seen as much itching this past week and a half.......so that's good news. I also have peace in the back of my mind that if he accidentally had something with egg in it he may not react as he normally would...??? I say this with a ?? because he has never had eggs (like scrambled eggs, or something with eggs as a main ingredient)....and because my PICKY BOY wouldn't eat an egg even if it looked like a giant piece of candy.

So trying to stay optimistic and hopeful about our journey with NAET I can now say "One allergen down, a LOT to go!" Today we did the treatment for the "calcium mix" which includes cow's milk, goat's milk, casein, albumin, lactic acid, gluconate and citrate. It does not include the whey protein, which is really what I think he's severely allergic to, but she said if this clears quickly then there is a good chance the whey will be lessened as well. Okay, that sound's good to me, right? She will test him to see if the calcium mix cleared at our next visit and then will test him specifically for whey.

What if it really is working and he can actually have milk products...milk plus egg=a long desired cupcake on his birthday in a little over a month? We'll see. I don't think I'm going to be brave enough to try these foods before then and I am not going to have him tested this early in the game either. I will make him "safe" cupcakes for his birthday this year, but maybe soon, oh very soon, birthday parties won't cause me so much anxiety. We have a lot of those coming up as a lot of his little friends are turning 3!

We also talked about the fact that he has had to be on the nebulizer this week for his cough and breathing issues. She wants me to put out a bowl of water in the front and back yard to collect whatever is floating around in the air in his home environment. She will then use the water to do the NAET treatment for whatever is making him react right now. SMART! We'll try it. I need it too! I am having allergy/asthma this past week to. If NAET works for Jackson, Presley and I will be next.

She also gave me some probiotics she ordered specifically for Jackson and he'll start those this week as well. He's been on a lot of antibiotics for ear infections and I am a strong believer in replacing the good bacteria we need in our tummies! It's been hard to find probiotics that don't have milk or soy base. I love that Dr. Kathleen is so knowledgeable about these new ventures I have been thinking about a lot this last year. I am on probiotics and have seen a lot of benefit from them. I had to take strong antibiotics for over 3 months and my system was definitely affected by the yeast they caused. After taking the probiotics, I really prevented a lot of problems. I am excited to see if the probiotics help Jackson's immune system a little and fend off some viruses still lurking around his preschool and our city. I think I might start giving them to Presley as well. She's an ear infection queen herself!

So today we are avoiding orange juice and any other foods with calcium derivatives....(but he doesn't eat that many of those anyway, yet...) funny that on the list of foods to avoid it includes peanuts, almonds, and soy....all of these allergies are so cross related to eachother. It's always been facinating to me to read how a peanut allergy can make you allergic or sensitive to other foods and latex. I am continuing to learn so much. Learn with me!

Thank you for all of your kind words, questions, and support with this journey. It's just the beginning, but it is definitely going well.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Yes i have found a NAET practioner near my house, her name is Iva Peck, haven't met her as yet..here is the link for her site
    http://www.integratedcenterfororientalmedicine.com/prac.htm#iva
    Also i found her link from NAET site too
    http://www.naet.com/subscribers/doctorResultsByZip.asp

    Just wondering, how can i trust she is good as they don't have any case histories, her profile does look promising..if you can drop a few cents in here, that would be helpful
    one more thing, how did you choose your doctor, i mean did you get any reference or u looked at the NAET coursework and the experience of the doctor?
    Thanks again
    Anjana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,
    I did get a reference from a friend whose mom had gone to our doctor and had success with her. There are also testimonials on her website. I had a long conversation on the phone with her before I decided to do it. I asked friends to ask their chiropractors and heard some good feedback from them as well. I also looked a lot up online. I would suggest going to meet her or talking to her on the phone before you make your appointment. I looked at her site and it looks good. Take the next step, it's worth it to look into it. Let me know how it's going or what your thinking?

    ReplyDelete