Saturday, May 9, 2009

Questions, Concerns....

I've received a lot of feedback about this blog and I am wanting to respond to some of the questions I've been asked:

1) Yes, Jackson does see an board certified allergist, a pediatrician, a nutritionist, and is closely monitored for his allergies. He also takes supplements and is healthy and growing...he's in the 75% for height and 50% for weight. He drinks OJ for calcium.

2) No, I will not be giving him any foods without being tested for his allergies again in a few months.

3) Yes, I am aware there was a death somewhat related to the NAET technique but there were definitely some underlying circumstances that I will make sure to avoid. There are specific instructions that have to be followed and I am not planning on giving Jackson any foods until I know his allergist has tested him again. I trust the professional we have chosen. She has 8 years experience doing NAET and has not had any negative results or emergency situations.

4) Yes Jackson eats a lot of foods that contain some of his allergens (not peanuts)....hence we are not sure how many of his allergies are false positives...it's a confusing situation.....as many of you know.

5) Yes I have several Epi-Pens and know how to use them and had to use one when the allergists had suggested we try some milk products......I think Jackson is allergic to whey protein.

6) Yes I am a concerned, sincere parent and I would never put my child in harm's way. We are trying NAET but not putting all of our hope in it. That hope we place in God's hands....we are just trying NAET and will continue to also see our doctors and keep Jackson safe.

7) What results have I seen so far? The first session of NAET she worked on something that might help his brain and body function better as a team. Since the treatment I must say that his language has seemed much clearer to my husband and I and he has seemed able to self regulate his behavior a little better...maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I have seem some subtle changes in him.......maybe it's all in my head, but whatever it is, it's been good. We have our second appointment next week.

Thanks for your concerns, I will definitely continue to discern whether or not this is the path we will continue to take. Here is a very good link if you are interested in reading some of the success stories with NAET
http://www.revolutionhealth.com/drugs-treatments/rating/nambudripads-allergy-elimination-technique-naet

2 comments:

  1. Hi. My sister-in-law passed your blog onto me last week. I tried to post, but it didn't work.
    My son is also allergic to many foods: all nuts, sesame seeds and coconut. We did NAET with Miss Kathleen (we love her and you can ask her about us if you want...still talk to her and visit her). We moved last year and there is not a NAET practioner around here so we did not get to finish the whole process. Here's what we found with NAET. It is a long process and you will be going there for awhile, but it does work. After we finished there last year, we retested for allergies with our allergist and all of his numbers went down. We will be retesting again in a month and will see if the same thing happens again. We pray everyday that is does. God Luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you...it's so encouraging to hear that NAET helped your son. Kathleen is awesome and I am so glad we found her. Please let me know how the results go with your son.

    ReplyDelete